Registration for all Boys Programs is OPEN!
Uniform Store is Open thru August 2nd.
Link to order Uniforms: https://ordermygear.lpages.co/greatfallslacrosse
Deadline to order uniforms is Friday, August 2nd. Uniforms will ship in time for first games.
Link to order Spirit Wear: https://gflaspiritwear19.itemorder.com/
Deadline to order spiritwear is Friday, August 23rd. Spiritwear will ship approximately 6 weeks from 8/23.
BOX LEAGUE PLAY (8U through 14U and new this fall: High School!)
This year we will again be participating in a Box League organized by McLean Youth Lacrosse.
All games will be held at McLean HS. There is the possibility of some full field games being mixed in which would be held at Nike 4, for some age groups. There will be an optional practice once a week, night TBD, at Nike 4. These practices will begin after Labor Day, are strongly encouraged, and a lot of fun. Practice slots will be 4:30-6 or 6-7:30 or 7:30-9. Your Head Coach will let you know.
The league schedule is run by McLean Youth Lacrosse. Games start September 7/8 and end October 19/20. No games will be scheduled Columbus Day Weekend October 12/13. There will not be a complete schedule for Fall Ball issued at any point. McLean likes to schedule games two weeks at a time so they can evaluate the results and match teams with similar skill levels to avoid mismatches. Good for the kids, not great for the parents. GFLA understands and apologizes for the inconvenience.
There will be separate divisions for 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U and HS. Players MUST have at least one year of Spring Lacrosse rec playing experience to register for league play. If you do not have that experience, your only option is the clinic this fall. Players must have their own equipment. Please see the REQUIRED EQUIPMENT tab for more information.
SPACE IS LIMITED for this very popular program. If registration is full, please do not hesitate to sign up for a waitlist. Additional teams may be formed as the waitlists permit.
NOTE THAT WE WILL USE SPRING 2020 AGE GROUPS FOR FALL 2019
If your son is moving into an older age division for the Spring 2020 season, he will be playing in that age division this Fall.
Here are the age divisions for the Fall:
Born 3/15/2005-8/31/2007: 14U
Born 9/1/2007-8/31/2009: 12U
Born 9/1/2009-8/31/2011: 10U
Born 9/1/2011-8/31/2013: 8U
FALL SKILLS CLINICS (Little Lax through 14U) – First Clinics September 7th
Boys Clinic Schedule for Fall 2019:
- Days: Saturdays
- Time: 10-11:30am – Little Laxers (need to be 4 years old by April 30, 2019), 6U, 8U, 10U, 12U and 14U (Teams will be broken in to smaller groups by age and ability)
- Location: Leo Santabella. Behind the GF Library
- Weather related issues. Please monitor your email closely if there is any question whether we are going or not. You will only hear from us if we are canceling and need to reschedule.
- Can boys participate in the clinics as well as play in Fall Ball? Yes, you can participate in both, although you will need to have played at least one spring lacrosse season on a Rec team. If not, then the clinic is your only option this year.
- Is there a Sunday option for boys that play soccer / other sports? We tested this in 2016 on the girl’s side and found there was not enough interest to warrant a Sunday session. So, as of right now, no, we will NOT have a Sunday option.
- 1st Session, please show up 15 minutes early so we can check you in and give you a Great Falls Lacrosse Pinnie if you do not already have one.
- September 7
- September 14
- September 21
- September 28
- October 5
- Columbus Day Weekend. No session.
- October 19
- What to bring:
- Cleats, if you have them. Otherwise sneakers will be fine.
- Stick, although not required*** We will have plenty of sticks for you to borrow.
- Any other lacrosse equipment you may have. If you are coming with equipment: gloves, shoulder pads, helmet, you will need to bring a MOUTH PIECE for use in contact drills.
FREE BEGINNER CLINICS
Last fall we held two 90 minute Free Beginner Clinics. Check back soon for details on these, likely to be held late September/early October.