Registration for all Boys Programs opens August 3rd!
BOX LEAGUE PLAY (10U through 14U)
This year we will again be participating in a league organized by McLean Youth Lacrosse. All games will be held at McLean HS. Games will run Fridays 7pm-9pm, Saturdays 9am-9pm and Sundays 8am-8pm. Games will begin September 11 and end October 18. There will be no games over Columbus Day Weekend October 9/10/11. This is a game-only league for experienced players. Practices at Nike 4 may be held at the discretion of the coach but are not mandatory.
The league schedule is controlled by McLean Youth Lacrosse. Please see new rules for Boys Box: New Boys Box Rules In addition to McLean, other local clubs committing to field teams for this recreational league include Vienna, Falls Church and others.
Players should have at least one year of playing experience to register for league play. Players must have their own equipment. Please see the REQUIRED EQUIPMENT tab for more information.
SPACE IS LIMITED for this very popular program. If registration is full, please do not hesitate to sign up for a waitlist. Additional teams may be formed as the waitlists permit.
Program cost: $175
NOTE THAT WE WILL USE SPRING 2021 AGE GROUPS FOR FALL 2020
If your son is moving into an older age division for the Spring 2021 season, he will be playing in that age division this Fall.
Here are the age divisions for the Fall:
Born 3/15/2006-8/31/2008: 14U
Born 9/1/2008-8/31/2010: 12U
Born 9/1/20010-8/31/2012: 10U
Born 9/1/2012-8/31/2014: 8U
FALL SKILLS CLINICS (Little 6U through 14U) – First Clinics September 12th
Boys Clinic Schedule for Fall 2020:
- Days: Saturdays
- Time: 10-11:30am – 6U, 8U, 10U, 12U and 14U (Teams will be broken in to smaller groups by age and ability)
- Location: Leo Santabella for first two weeks. From September 26th and on, we will meet at our premier turf field, Nike 4, located just down the hill from Forestville Elementary.
- Weather related issues. Please monitor your email closely if there is any question whether we are going or not. You will only hear from us if we are canceling and need to reschedule.
- Can boys participate in the clinics as well as play in Fall Ball? Yes, you can participate in both, although you will need to have played at least one spring lacrosse season on a Rec team. If not, then the clinic is your only option this year.
- Is there a Sunday option for boys that play soccer / other sports? We tested this previously and found there was not enough interest to warrant a Sunday session. So as of right now, no, we will NOT have a Sunday option.
- 1st Session, please show up 15 minutes early so we can check you in.
- September 12 (Leo)
- September 19 (Leo)
- September 26 (Nike 4)
- October 3 (Nike 4)
- Columbus Day Weekend. No session.
- October 17 (Nike 4)
- October 24 (Nike 4)
- What to bring:
- Cleats, if you have them. Otherwise sneakers will be fine.
- Stick, although not required*** We will have plenty of sticks for you to borrow.
- Any other lacrosse equipment you may have. If you are coming with equipment: gloves, shoulder pads, helmet, you will need to bring a MOUTH PIECE for use in contact drills.
FREE BEGINNER CLINICS
In the past, we have occassionally held two 90 minute Free Beginner Clinics. Check back soon for details on these.