Waiver/Release for Communicable Diseases
For purposes of this Waiver, the “Organizers” are”
- Northern Virginia Youth Lacrosse Association
- Great Falls Lacrosse and Field Hockey
“Organizer Activity” includes but is not limited to participation in or observation as a spectator of games, scrimmages, practices, try-outs/assessments, new player recruitment events, parent meetings, coach/volunteer/parent planning meetings, coach/volunteer training events and any related gathering or encounter of participants occurring before or after such activities.
“Participant” includes players, spectators, coaches, officials, field staff and other volunteers involved in an Organizer Activity.
“Participation” means events and activities, observation or use of facilities or equipment, participation in or acting as a spectator during any program (collectively, “Participation”).
In consideration of being allowed to participate in Organizer Activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, certifies and agrees that, on behalf of him or herself and any of his or her minor children:
1. I am aware that participation by myself or my minor children includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases, including but not limited to MRSA, influenza, and COVID-19 and/or any mutation or variation thereof. If I have a pre-existing health condition, exposure to COVID-19, or any other infectious disease may be more likely to cause serious illness, injury, or death. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness, injury, and death does exist.
2. The Organizers cannot ensure that all other participants, including players, coaches, officials, volunteers or spectators, are taking precautionary measures to mitigate risks to ensure the health and safety of other participants and therefore, participation in an Organizer Activity involves risk of exposure to infectious disease; and,
3. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation and that of my minor children; and,
4. I certify that I have not recently tested positive for, and am not exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, which include a cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, headache, chills, muscle or body aches and/or sore throat, and that I do not have any household family member/roommate who has recently tested positive for COVID-19. If, after executing this Waiver, I or my minor children test positive or have exhibited such symptoms I certify that I will inform the Organizers immediately and will remove myself from participation in any subsequent Organizer Activity until I have received authorization to return to participation from a qualified medical professional.
5. I willingly agree, on behalf of myself and any of my minor children, to comply with all health measures and recommendations proscribed by the Organizers or any other governing body, subject to change according to best practices in effect as of the time of each such participation. If, however, I observe any unusual or significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest coach, staff member or volunteer, or official immediately. There may not be a full or partial refund of fees/expenses associated with an Organizer Activity if the season is canceled or suspended due to health considerations, whether such cancelation pertains to league-wide activities or it is limited to only a specific team(s).
6. I agree, on behalf of myself and any of my minor children, to abide by any local health guidance or protocols required by antoher NVYLL club when engaged in lacrosse activities at the other club's event site or a neutral event site with local health guidance or protocols, even if that guidance or those protocols differ from those in place with my own club's activities. I agree that failure to comply with game-site protocols may result in ejection of the participant (myself and/or minor children) from the game site, suspension from particiation in subsequent Organizer Activites, and forfeit of the game.
7. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives, children and next of kin (“Releasors”), HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS the Organizers and their officers, officials, agents, consultants and/or employees, other participants, volunteers, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“Releasees”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL ILLNESS, INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
FOR PARTICIPANTS OF MINORITY AGE (UNDER AGE 18 AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION)
This is to certify that I, as parent/guardian, with legal responsibility for a minor child being registered for Organizer activities, have read and explained the provisions in this waiver/release to my child/ward including the risks of presence and participation and his/her personal responsibilities for adhering to the rules and regulations for protection against communicable diseases. Furthermore, my child/ward understands and accepts these risks and responsibilities. I for myself, my spouse, and child/ward do consent and agree to his/her release provided above for all the Releasees and myself, my spouse, and child/ward do release and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees for any and all liabilities incident to my minor child’s/ward’s presence or participation in these activities as provided above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THEIR NEGLIGENCE, to the fullest extent provided by law.
Participant Signature (if over 18):_____________________
Name of parent/guardian for Minor Participant: ______________________
Parent guardian/signature for Minor Participant:______________________
Date signed: ___________________